Bellow in brief the requirements for a Commercial Yacht over 35 Meters of Non-Wooden Construction to obtain the Specified Period Charter Permission which is issued Digitally after the official application of one of the following parties :
- Yachtowner (Physical Person or Company / Entity)
- Yacht Management (Physical Person or Company / Entity)
- Legal Company Representative
- Person Authorized to apply on behalf of the yacht owner (e.g. The Agent)
The license will be approved by the Port Master’s Office from the Authorized Officer .
It is applicable for all yachts as described at Paragraph 1 of Article 8 of Law 4922/2022 thus yachts over 35 meters of Non-Wooden Construction characterized as COMMERCIAL YACHTS according to the certificates of their Flag State .
The SPECIFIED PERIOD CHARTER PERMISSION is divided in 2 Categories :
- CHARTER PERMISSION : This is the license which enables the passengers to embark and disembark within Greece as well as the Delivery and Re-Delivery of the Yacht to be within Greece .
- CHARTER PERMISSION PLUS : is the license type which enables the Delivery or the Re-Delivery of the yacht to be in Greece . (In other words the One Way Embarkation or Disembarkation)
The License is approved at the following events only :
- By the nearest Port Master’s Office within a period of 24 Hours if the Delivery of the Yacht is outside of Greece (Turkey or Albania etc)
- From the Port Master’s office of the Delivery Port (Where the Charter Starts) the latest one (1) hour prior to the Beginning of the Charter and it is a Compulsory Step towards the Outwards Clearance of the yacht from the Authorities .
For the Permit to be granted as per requirements of Article 8 Paragraph 3 through the Application and Physically following credentials should be delivered to the Port Master :
- Clear Copy of the ID or Passport of the Owner / Manager or the Physical Person who has been Authorized to apply for the License together with the relevant Authorization
- In the event that the Applicant is a Legal Entity it will be requested to have an updated Decision of the Board Of Directors or Minutes of the Board of Directors or Power Of Attorney from which the Legal Representative will be mentioned . Those documents should legal Apostille or to be Authorized by a Greek Consulate abroad .
- The Yacht’s Registry and the Foreign Commercial Yacht Inspection Certificate or the Ship Safety Certificate which is issued according to SOLAS Convention which should be accompanied by a Certificate from the Yacht’s Classification Society which will clearly mention the number of available berths for Crew and Guests .
- The Minimum Safe Maning Certificate
- Presentation of the available signed by all parties Charter Agreement
- CONFIRMATION that the Chartrerer’s Charter of the Yacht in Greece is the only commercial act that he is involved with .
- Confirmation that the Yacht Owner / Manager / Assignee has no Legal / Tax Residency in Greece and has no TAX ID or any other legal business activities or is VAT Registered .
- The Date & Place of Delivery of the yacht in Greece and the Date of Entry
- The Date & Place of Re-Delivery of the yacht in Greece and the Date of Exit
- The Date and Place of initial Embarkation of the Passengers in Greece or Outside of Greece as well as the Final Date of Disembarkation of the Passengers .
- Full details of the Captain and other Authorized Person
- The CHARTER Fee
After the completion and approval of the documents by the Port Master’s Authorized Officer and after confirmation the system automatically calculates the TEPADAH (Special Tax) and the VAT from which 70% Should be prepaid .
The license is applicable for maximum 21 days subject to be extended for 7 days .
The duration of the License initially is equal to the duration of the Charter Agreement at the time of application to the e-charterpermission .
Attached is an example of the Tax Calculation & VAT
EXAMPLE OF THE CHARGES.pdf